Job DescriptionMaintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
Responsibilities• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and QualificationsVirtual infrastructure – understanding specifically VmWare, workstation
Storage concepts, Diagnostic Skills, Basic computer hardware understanding, desktop & server, windows xp & higher, windows server 2000 & higher, quickly figure out how a 3rd party OS works (NAS – Network Attach Storage, Operating System – XP, Windows 7).